An integral member of the Investment Strategy team, the Senior Manager / Manager will contribute to shaping and influencing the overall direction of Sun Venture’s externally managed funds. This includes continual assessment of the appropriateness of Sun Venture’s externally managed funds across multiple asset classes and hence its investment programme given the changing dynamics of the investment markets.
Leveraging your experience in the investment arena, you will assist the Management in the following ways:
- Assess the strategy and positioning of Sun Venture’s external managers, with a particular focus on hedge funds, and highlighting all pertinent matters for the Management’s considerations
- Assist the Head of Investment in building up our third-party hedge fund investment programme. This will include sourcing for new hedge fund managers, performing detailed due diligence on these managers, considering operational risk management of the managers, portfolio construction and writing a comprehensive investment thesis for the investment.
- Synthesize internal and external analysis to gain insights on the funds’ performance and highlight any pertinent issues for Management’s considerations
- Monitor and ensure the funds are invested in a manner that is consistent with the approved investment strategy and structure
- Collaborate with the external fund managers to explore strategies that mitigate heightened investment risks in the funds due to extremely stressed market events
- Assist the Head of Investment in any investment related matters, including but not limited to strategic asset allocation, tactical asset allocation and industry studies
- Degree in Accountancy, Business, Economics or equivalent. CFA qualification would be an advantage.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant investment experience, especially in the hedge fund arena. Working knowledge of external managers’ strategies, funds and ETFs is paramount.
- Deep experience in portfolio investment management technicalities such as mandate guidelines, fund documentation, tracking error, alpha generation, risk budgeting and performance attribution
- Familiar with portfolio construction of an investment programme within a multi-manager framework
- Strong analytical and critical reasoning skills with high ethical and professional standards
We welcome your application. Please send your CV to [email protected], stating your notice period and reasons for leaving your previous roles. We regret that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.